New York, NY 10018 US
- Lead the creative concepts, visuals and execution of brand and product campaign materials — creating the graphic, photo, and video assets and their implementations across all channels including wholesale, retail, e-comm, social, and digital.
- Oversee production – including execution of pre-production and post-production of photo and video shoots. Leading the art direction of the brand’s seasonal commercial content for product marketing, brand stories and social communication.
- Develop successful seasonal creative assets (on-figure and still life) that will help create strong brand awareness and experience.
- Work collaboratively with all cross-functional teams to build brand visuals across all channels; print, digital, ecomm and social.
- Build and maintain/update brand guidelines, seasonal templates, brandbook, brand identity and photography guidelines etc.
- The Art Director will work with VP, Content and Marketing to develop content stories, photography and videos that engage the customer, elevate the brand, drive sales and support company strategy. This includes concept, art direction, design guidance for the designers and post production (retouching).
- Comfortable in creating mood/storyboards to effectively communicate the look and feel of asset creation.
- Confidently art direct on assigned production shoots (photography & video), working with the photographer, stylist, crew, producer, set designer and models in proper execution of shoot concept.
- Ideate concepts for motion assets, primarily for social. Partner with copywriter and graphic designers to ensure all creative is aligned and communicated in a consistent matter.
- Oversee the implementation of stylistic requirements including copy, layout, illustrations and final art and photography for the company’s brand advertising and social media campaigns, brand websites, digital storefronts/marketing assets for wholesale and international partners.
- Improve ecomm photography/video assets
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cultural trends in fashion, design, film, art, media, and technology as relevant to the brands.
- 5-7 years of work experience as an Art Director, in retail/fashion/apparel brand or agency.
- Degree in Visual Communication, Multimedia Design or a related course of study
- Must have a full understanding of the creative, photography and digital processes as they relate to photo shoots and video productions.
- Must have experience leading photo/video shoots on location and in studio. Must have pre-production and post-production experience.
- You should have the ability to think conceptually and design aesthetically, translating creative direction into visual references.
- Must have experience creating animation/motion content.
Meet Your Recruiter
Alonya Van Rooyen
From South Africa originally, Alonya has over 15 years of experience in fashion, accessories, footwear, & textiles. She has worked in various design and product development roles globally, including South Africa, Europe, and the US, giving her an international perspective on the industries.