Asst. Technical Designer, DENIM
Vernon, CA 90058 US
HIRING MANAGER: This role will report to Senior Technical Designer.
- Assist on designated styles starting from initial pass-off through production from proto to production stage.
- Work with and Assist Design and Product Development Team on all new development of styles.
- Work closely Technical Designer manager to manage work with overseas factories on each style from development through production.
- Initiate and maintain technical packages for all styles produced domestically and overseas.
- Organize/ participate in sample and production fittings along with design teams- Prepare garments and paperwork for fitting: evaluate it against previously made comments, check measurements, and identify materials (actual vs. substitute). Be familiar with the history of the garment. Take concise fit notes and timely pass them off to all teams.
- Assist Design Team to approve protos and pre-production garment (all stages) in a timely manner according to Time & Action calendar and production plan.
- Work with Design, Production Teams, and Factories on identifying and resolving construction and workmanship issues.
- Work with their manager to maintain base pattern chart. Ensure size & fit consistency.
- Work with manager to communicate with domestic and overseas factories. Timely respond to all inquiries and requests via e-mail or through verbal communication
- 1-2 years experience in the Apparel Industry including technical design, patternmaking, and construction experience with follow-up knowledge of total production timeline.
- Expertise in DENIM bottoms pattern making including grading, construction, & fit.
- Ability to work on necessary corrections with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be able to Assist in troubleshooting and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to multitask and manage overlapping seasons and calendar timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design, Patternmaking or equivalent
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
Meet Your Recruiter
Originally from India, Pooja has spent 15 years in the design industry. Her passion is reflected in her previous entrepreneurial roles, and her current role as a fashion recruiter is like a match made in heaven. This enables her to utilize her skills into helping and guiding people to follow their passion and lead to them their ultimate goals.