Buyer - DTC Ecommerce and Wholesale apparel
Vernon, CA 90058 US
- Collaborate with cross-functional merchandising teams to develop purchasing strategies that align with our brand vision and goals.
- Take ownership of buying activities, recognizing the need for dedicated management due to the varying sizes and success levels of purchases.
- Work closely with the Merchandising and Planning department to create a well-balanced investment and inventory strategy that maximizes efficiency.
- Prepare for and actively contribute to business review meetings, providing valuable insights and data-driven recommendations to enhance buying decisions.
- Efficiently manage purchase orders, reconciling and reporting on receipts on a monthly basis, while demonstrating financial responsibility for all buys.
- This role represents an opportunity for a talented associate-level professional to advance to the next career level, leveraging their expertise and contributions to our organization's success.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Buyer in the Apparel industry, with a strong preference for candidates with omnichannel wholesale and DTC brand experience.
- Proven track record of successfully managing product procurement, supplier relationships, and inventory optimization.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to drive cost savings.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in using procurement and inventory management software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of industry trends, market dynamics, and compliance requirements.
Meet Your Recruiter
Originally from India, Pooja has spent 15 years in the design industry. Her passion is reflected in her previous entrepreneurial roles, and her current role as a fashion recruiter is like a match made in heaven. This enables her to utilize her skills into helping and guiding people to follow their passion and lead to them their ultimate goals.