Category Manager- Fishing
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33301 US
Our client is seeing a Category Manager in their Fort Lauderdale, FL Support Center. This ideal candidate for this role is a proven category leader who is passionate about the fishing category and consumer and who wants to lead the charge on driving many new consumers into their stores. As the person responsible for the buying function in these categories, they will take the lead in building and executing product assortments throughout our interconnected commerce ecosystem.
The ideal candidate should...
- be a positive, results-driven product leader that develops the overall strategy for their product categories.
- have significant experience in a multi-store category management or buying environment.
- lead with clarity, focus and compassion.
- use data to determine the optimal assortment, selling price and promotional cadence appropriate to channel and category.
- have a “customer first” mentality and strive to create raving fans through having the right products in the right place at the right time and at the right price.
- be able to develop a clear marketing cadence for key products and will deliver on financial results.
- have the required collaborative and cross-functional capabilities to lead strategies from conception through execution.
- have a considerable track record of building industry-leading vendor partnerships that result in innovative assortments, profitable growth and win-win outcomes for all parties.
- have successful negotiating experience in a fast-pace, growth industry
- Define business strategy using data and trends at division and category level.
- Execute and manage the optimum category/ product assortment to deliver against the agreed targets.
- Create compelling assortments and ensure they are regionally appropriate, seasonally relevant and marine-focused.
- Work in partnership with the Merchandise Planner to be accountable for the overall inventory health of assigned departments with direct responsibility for negotiating promotional support and vendor buy backs. Consistently reviews unproductive inventory and recommends creative strategies to resolve.
- Being a student of consumer insights and industry trends, ensuring this is reflected in assortment and marketing.
- Team leader with the ability to hire and build an effective team committed to company strategies and goals.
- Excellent communicator who fosters open communication and listens. Speaks and writes effectively and with professional acumen.
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to adapt quickly to change and act with integrity.
- Analytical with the ability to think strategically and provide vision to the team and vendor community. Will push for innovation both in product and process.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 5 plus years-experience in Category Management or Merchandising in a retail buying environment or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Understanding and demonstrated execution of merchandising math principles
- Proven negotiator
- Strong presentation skills
- Skilled conflict manager
- Excellent vendor relationship development track record
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office, Power Point, Excel, Word
- Relex and JDA knowledge a plus.
- Team leader—Builds an effective team committed to company strategies and goals; fosters collaboration among team members and among teams; uses teams to address relevant issues.
- Excellent communicator—Fosters open communication and listens. Speaks and writes effectively and with professional acumen.
- Demonstrates adaptability and acts with integrity.
- Analytical and strategic—Ability to think strategically and provide vision to the team and vendor community. Will push for innovation both in product and process.
- Boating knowledge or experience is highly preferred.
Meet Your Recruiter
With 15+ years of experience with national brands & retailers, including TJX Corp, New Balance & Under Armour, Jaime knows how important it is to find the right fit for the right role. Jaime’s expertise spans from analytics, planning, account mgmt & merchandising and has partnered with most major US retailers.