Los Angeles, CA 90048 US
- Support the annual budget processes by setting financial targets, coordinating timelines and deliverables for key stakeholders, and creating presentations for the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Lead monthly forecast process by establishing and communicating deliverables to stakeholders, identifying trends in performance to assess business risks and opportunities, proactively working with business partners to manage to budget, consolidating financial projections across all functional areas, and communicating the final forecast to stakeholders.
- Monitor and manage detailed cash flow forecast to ensure the company has adequate near and long-term funding for operations and growth.
- Lead monthly close process, including creating and reviewing journal entries, providing variance analysis, and ensuring all financial statements are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Manage bi-weekly/monthly Payroll & Benefits expenses by partnering with HR, store operations, and accounts payable to review payroll drivers and maintain accurate forecast.
- Oversee day-to-day administration of financial operations with accounting manager who runs accounts payable/receivable, including monitoring bank accounts, managing financing facilities, and providing ad-hoc analysis and troubleshooting with business partners to support the dynamic needs of the business.
- Work closely with CFO and key stakeholders to create financial models that generate insights and guide decisions to drive strategic and profitable growth.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures that ensure conformity to accounting principles and integrity of our financial statements and records.
- Manage relationships with external HR, insurance, banking, auditors, and tax partners to meet regulatory requirements and provide oversight of the company’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Continuously look for areas to evolve financial procedures that improves effectiveness, streamlines workflows, and provides support to key stakeholders.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills, with ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Team player with a positive attitude – seeks to lead, develop, and motivate those around them – and open to cross-training and sharing responsibilities.
- Energized by an environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines.
- Organized, with demonstrated experience in owning, driving, and prioritizing multiple projects to completion.
- Analytical and structured thinker that possesses attention to detail and can articulate complex situations in a simple way.
- Expert in identifying sources of information from disparate sources to create or manage financial models and deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis.
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions.
- Expert in MS Excel and navigating accounting/ERP applications such as QuickBooks.
- 7+ years of experience in accounting or finance with CPA or equivalent certification. Experience in retail or consumer goods industries preferred, but not required.
Meet Your Recruiter
Karen is the Director of All Things Business Development at Emerging Blue. She loves meeting new people and is passionate about building strong relationships with her clients. Karen thrives on getting to know brands and the passion and story behind each of them.