Dir. of Wholesale
Vernon, CA 90058 US
- Assess market potential through consumer insights, competitive brands, and distribution channels.
- Identify core brand and product strengths to leverage in building sales approach.
- Determine wholesale distribution segmentation strategy and product assortments
Identify retailers for potential partnerships or collaborations.
- Work with finance team to build sales forecast and align with planning on product buys.
- Exceptional sales ability including outreach, sales initiation, building on inbound sales orders, closing sales, and follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction and reorders.
- Drive pre-orders, at-once business, re-orders, and end-of-season liquidation
Work with external agency rep organization (gift channel) on sales, merchandising, and marketing strategy.
- Manage all aspects of tradeshows including Identifying relevant shows that will generate sales and new accounts; planning and preparation; merchandising set-up; strategy for acquiring new customers; and locking in appointments with both existing accounts and prospects.
- Build pipeline of target accounts and opportunities; initiate relationships and engage in sales activities.
- Present product line to new and existing accounts, traveling when needed or utilizing our showrooms.
- Responsible for managing showroom including merchandising and visual presentation.
- Develop sales tools and work with marketing team to develop all necessary marketing materials.
- Provide recommendations for wholesale and retail pricing.
- Establish structure for discounting, terms.
- Manage approval process for new accounts.
- Establish and manage wholesale operations calendar, including key market dates, tradeshows, sell-in periods, and regular business reviews with key accounts.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports including sell-through at retail; analyze performance to identify opportunities; produce executive and board-level updates.
- Partner with marketing team on development of creative campaigns to ensure creative direction aligns with needs of key accounts.
- Work with product team to create merchandising plans that support wholesale / key account needs.
- Work with customer service to establish standards for wholesale support
Understand customer needs and coordinate with fulfillment team to ensure timely delivery and account satisfaction.
- Takes initiative to work with cross-functional partners to strengthen business processes, communication, and teamwork.
- 8+ years of experience in a sales executive capacity with a proven track record of new account acquisition and driving growth for new businesses.
- Experienced with apparel and accessories categories preferably DENIM targeted at Millennial and Gen Z consumers.
- Established relationships with buyers in target distribution (Specialty stores, boutiques, department stores).
- Exceptional sales and presentation skills; Communicates and presents effectively to executive and buying teams; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to create compelling partner communication and training.
- Proven ability to consistently meet/exceed sales goals and KPI’s.
- Ability to analyze data from multiple viewpoints including market data, competitive offerings, and other information sources.
- Merchant sensibility and intuition for product.
- Consumer-centric; ability to incorporate both quantitative and qualitative customer insights.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Travel domestically for key trade shows and market meetings.
Meet Your Recruiter
Originally from India, Pooja has spent 15 years in the design industry. Her passion is reflected in her previous entrepreneurial roles, and her current role as a fashion recruiter is like a match made in heaven. This enables her to utilize her skills into helping and guiding people to follow their passion and lead to them their ultimate goals.