Director of Ecommerce
Vernon, CA 90058 US
- Help to establish and execute the strategic direction for the brand, working in coordination with the CEO, Director of Marketing, and Director of Merchandising.
- Work directly with the CEO to develop, evolve and refine the brand’s e-commerce strategy that will maximize profitability and support company’s sustainable growth. This will include the evaluation of additional innovation and sales channels beyond the current company-owned DTC channel.
- Lead and manage end-to-end website strategy development and day to day operational execution
- Fully manage DTC P&L to achieve annual financial goals.
- Evaluate/define a path for profitable growth into alternate channels as well as traditional brick and mortar retail.
- Develop strategy and plan, including forecasting the annual budget for e-commerce. Create and monitors KPI’s and adapts strategy to deliver the annual financial plan.
- Develop and defines the strategic marketing plan and sales calendar across all channels, including Email/SMS, Organic/Paid Search, Organic/Paid Social
- Lead retention, promotion and loyalty strategy development/implementation to drive LTV through engagement, increased customer return rate and repeat purchases.
- Enhance the performance culture through regular KPI reporting and gap identification to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Effectively link operating levers with marketing and other key indicators to improve management and returns within the business.
- Implement reporting systems to regularly communicate results such that all team members understand how the company is performing relative to plan and are engaged.
- Directly supervise team members and lead the cross-functional collaboration with Brand Marketing, Design, Operations and Finance.
- Partner with the leadership team to develop a lean management culture, discipline and procedures to constantly improve marketing and operations to improve revenue growth and profitability and ensure we can continue to invest aggressively.
- Partner with CEO + Leadership team to analyze the most impactful KPIs including website visits, conversion rates, average order value (“AOV”), repeat rate, customer acquisition costs (“CAC”), lifetime value (“LTV”) and convert data into insight to continually improve ROI
- Lead the development and interaction between the eCommerce team and outside vendors for marketing and maintenance of the website
- Maintain and evolve a testing framework to expand the volume & pace of learning across the business through consistent a/b testing and a belief that all decisions can be tested.
- Optimize UX/UI based on traffic, search and sales data
- Works closely with digital agency to execute new campaigns, improve the efficacy of existing campaigns and implement and test new marketing channels
- Exercise a “test and learn” approach improving the effectiveness of spend - optimizing campaign creativity, copy, and consumer cohorts
- Regularly assesses the effectiveness of all existing e-commerce operations and evaluate needs based on technology and key competitors in the marketplace
- Oversee the day-to-day e-commerce operations, maintenance, and performance measurement of the e-Commerce business. Uses a data-driven approach for analysis and decisions
- Work directly with the VP of Marketing to guide development efforts, including content design, product merchandising, promotions and campaigns, copywriting, and photography
- Provide cross-functional support of the brand marketing team for positioning and brand development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. Degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or a related discipline preferred
- Proven ability to simplify the complex, successfully articulate and address complex business issues and opportunities to management and cross-functional partners
- Proven experience in managing digital media and website development partners and agencies
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate trends, results & strategy based on data analysis and present appropriate adjustments to marketing plans accordingly
- Results-oriented: demonstrates a sense of urgency for overcoming obstacles and achieving measurable results; resourceful and driven; willing to get hands dirty and personally drive projects and timelines
- Strong experience in business planning and e-commerce strategy development, promoting collaboration and driving problem resolution across all levels of a business including the c-suite
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster a dynamic, team-orientated, results-driven environment
- Working experience in Web technologies, web page design/layout, and web site performance measurement
- Deep working knowledge of Shopify Plus
- Proven success in digital marketing and e-commerce operations management
- Experience in the creation and implementation of strategic and operating plans.
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment. Motivated by big challenges, not intimidated by large, entrenched competitors. Acts like an owner rather than an employee.
- Builds consensus and goodwill. Collaborates effectively, always open to a better way regardless of who is expressing it.
- Resilient; admits mistakes, moves quickly to course correct and is not defensive when questioned.
- Exemplifies and articulates the company values:
Meet Your Recruiter
Originally from India, Pooja has spent 15 years in the design industry. Her passion is reflected in her previous entrepreneurial roles, and her current role as a fashion recruiter is like a match made in heaven. This enables her to utilize her skills into helping and guiding people to follow their passion and lead to them their ultimate goals.