Director of Materials R+D- Tops
New York, NY 10018 US
- Must have Strong technical knowledge in fabrics such as Knits, Sweater, Woven, Sportswear, Athleisure and Active wear fabric qualities.
- Offer expertise on fabric construction, fabric innovation and technical aspects to internal team, fabric suppliers and factories
- Interfacing with design initiating and driving fabric adoption process for various product categories.
- Collaborate with internal teams to kick start seasonal fabric sourcing, pre-production fabric inquiries etc.
- Offer expertise on fabric construction, fabric innovation and technical aspects to internal team, fabric mills and garment factories
- Work with the mills to obtain price and delivery for orders as requested by production team.
- Advice updated price/fabric details to the production team.
- Work with Overseas Offices making sure colors/prints/yarn dyes placed have been approved
- Ongoing communication/touch base with management to review issues, challenges and directives as it relates to all fabric facets of the product.
- Daily communication and collaboration with internal teams and departments.
- Attend all Cross Functional Team (CFT) Meetings
- Strong technical knowledge of Knits, Sweater, Woven, Sportswear, Athleisure and Active wear fabric qualities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 12+ years related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the Fabric R&D, Sourcing and Procurement process.
- Proficient in MS Office
- PLM experience a plus
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
Meet Your Recruiter
Alonya Van Rooyen
From South Africa originally, Alonya has over 15 years of experience in fashion, accessories, footwear, & textiles. She has worked in various design and product development roles globally, including South Africa, Europe, and the US, giving her an international perspective on the industries.