Graduate Gemologist Appraiser
New Orleans, LA US
- Personally, appraise and evaluate Loose Diamonds, Gemstones and finished Jewelry items
- Actively source diamonds & gemstones for manufacturing, custom orders and repairs
- Source, sort and control large inventory of loose diamonds & colored gemstones
- Help facilitate large quantity of appraisal work and assist sales team as needed.
- Coordinate with various department managers, sales team & select clients.
- Support and interact with diamond buyers & in-house manufacturing team
- Willing to learn to buy, source and evaluate diamonds within industry at expert level.
- Travel to major trade shows as part of our buying, design and sourcing team.
- Graduate Gemologist, 3 years minimum experience in appraising diamonds/jewelry
- 3 years experience sourcing/sorting loose diamonds & color gemstones
- Proven ability to consistently deliver quality appraisals. Organized & self-motivated
- Experience in working in jewelry manufacturing and or luxury jewelry is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, delegate and work within a team environment
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Rare opportunity to join America’s leading manufacturing fine jeweler in leadership role.
- A committed partner of the Natural Diamond Council.
- Outstanding Benefits Package: Medical, Life and Disability. Optional Dental/Optical
- 401k with generous company match. Company sponsored; Relocation Support
- Paid time off – Vacation…up to three weeks with tenure + five major paid holidays
- Strong compensation/bonus package, commensurate with qualifications and experience
Meet Your Recruiter
Originally from India, Pooja has spent 15 years in the design industry. Her passion is reflected in her previous entrepreneurial roles, and her current role as a fashion recruiter is like a match made in heaven. This enables her to utilize her skills into helping and guiding people to follow their passion and lead to them their ultimate goals.