Jr. Art Director - Contemporary Denim brand
Los Angeles, CA 90021 US
- Management & development of a team to deliver execution of strategies
- Lead & direct team members to ensure project plans are aligned to the overall Marketing strategy
- Ownership of the teams' development needs
- Managing upwards to CMO of Marketing (or Marketing Director) development issue or needs within the team
- Develop a clean and consistent 7FAM Visual Language Art
- Direct and deliver a unique Brand identity and Graphic solutions for 7FAM across all consumer channels
- Plan and work with Marketing Director, CMO, and e-commerce teams to refresh and redesign on a seasonal / annual basis.
- Support the management and delivery of the seasonal Advertising campaign for all US and International requests
- Working X-functionally with e-commerce, PR, VM and Retail to deliver a multichannel identity solution : e-mail blasts, window graphics, invitations
- Develop a consistent and on-Brand identity for key seasonal collateral: Sale, FIT GUIDES, Promo material and deliver to RTL & WHS etc.
- Inputting into the briefing process with agencies & managing, where appropriate, their output.
- Campaign concepting and campaign photo shoot art direction including photographer recommendations, casting support and photography selects
- Develop and manage the 7FAM Brand identity internally and with all International markets
- Review illustrative material to determine if it conforms to standards and specifications
- Create custom illustrations or other graphic elements.
- Negotiate with printers and estimators to determine what services will be performed.
- Conceptualize and help design interfaces for e-commerce, apps, multimedia products and devices.
- Conceptualize & deliver a clean and consistent Product Visual Language at RTL & WHS
- Support the delivery of a new Product Marketing strategy working with the CMO, Visual Merchandising Director & Senior Manager of Marketing
- Plan and work with the CMO to develop holistic Product Marketing solutions at RTL focused on Deliver the Product Marketing solution for the US and all International markets
- Art Direct and Seasonally Photograph all e-ecommerce content aligned to business and Brand needs
- Develop 7FAM Branded Collateral: Deliver a consistent creative on-Brand collateral eco-system
- Deliver a consistent packaging program: labels, hangtag & joker identity program
- Source, identify and manage external vendors
- Development & management of team members
- Management & delivery of Retail training twice a year for key seasons
- Work closely with Retail & Buying to ensure key messages are communicated in training
- Collect feedback and apply learnings to subsequent training projects
- Manage and control the Graphic Design budget with key stakeholders
- Deliver the agreed actions on time and in line (or below) budget unless prior agreement with CMO
- Make any requested operational savings and negotiate savings with key suppliers
- Plan & review seasonal budgets with Senior Marketing Manager and CMO
- Graphic Design & Art Direction background (with Retail understanding)
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership qualities and experience engaging the organization
- Presently working within the fashion / Retail industry
- Self-motivated, positive & passionate – demonstrated problem solver
- Management position and looking to grow
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Displays drive, ambition and not afraid of hard work
- Commercially driven
- Experience concepting large scale brand campaigns
- Experience art directing fashion photo shoots
Meet Your Recruiter
Alonya Van Rooyen
From South Africa originally, Alonya has over 15 years of experience in fashion, accessories, footwear, & textiles. She has worked in various design and product development roles globally, including South Africa, Europe, and the US, giving her an international perspective on the industries.