Manager, 3rd Shift Flavor Operations
San Leandro, CA 94577 US
- Safety & Sustainability Activist: You always see things thru a lens of safety. Our Flavor Factory is built on a foundation of compliant, consistent, and effective safety practices. Collaborating with other Flavor Operations leaders and with your direction, the 3rd Shift Team is known for their collective safety mindset. Safety risks have been mitigated through the processes you have implemented that assess potential hazards, develop & implement solutions, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Leadership and Team Development Champion: You have mentored and developed team members through a “lead-by-example” approach. The 3rd Shift leadership team has the skills and training they need to effectively manage the workload and develop their own direct reports. Regular feedback and coaching allowed you to assess your team’s skills and create development plans that have increased team member capabilities, so we kept pace with our increasing demand. All team members and other leaders in the Flavor Operations group have been kept informed of key business results on a regular basis. You managed the shift budget and worked with key Flavor Operations leaders to monitor expenditures, labor costs, and capital projects to ensure adherence to department budgets. An effective mix of staffing and skills levels have been achieved to support efficiency and reliability.
- Service Delivery Guardian: Internal and external customers were wowed by the excellent and consistent output your team provide on a day-to-day basis. Key Flavor Operations KPI’s are attained on 3rd Shift through strong collaboration with your Peers as well as with Planning, Procurement, T.E.A.M. & Warehouse. You provided a detailed focus to internal quality standards that ensured all finished products were defect free, every time and that our inventory accuracy targets were achieved. You have been a people AND technical leader that provided operations expertise to the organization while developing your team. The superior service delivery from your Team contributed to our ability to Grow Baby Grow!
- Continuous Improvement Guru: By Incorporating continuous improvement principles such as Visual Performance Management and 6S you lead the effort to show scalable and sustainable dock to dock improvements in Flavor Factory Operations. You guided the team through effective root cause analysis and system failures and the Team is actively identifying corrective preventative measures. Key Performance Targets have been achieved with a constant focus on continuous improvement and the 3rd Shift Team collectively works to identify and develop programs and projects to reduce turn time and increase accuracy.
- Have FUN!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of people leadership experience & team builder
- 5 years of Manufacturing experience required
- Experience with the following continuous improvement tools/methodologies preferred. For example:
- 6 Sigma
- DMAIC and Kaizen
- Other Lean Manufacturing Tools
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Financial acumen: knowledge of P&L and KPI’s
- Knowledge of ERP systems
Meet Your Recruiter
Britt has over 8 years of retail management experience. People are her passion and she has invested her time and focus on finding, developing, and supporting those in the fashion retail arena.