Senior Apparel Designer
San Francisco, CA 94107 US
- Effectively create relevant, innovative design concepts and communicate and present these concepts in a concise and professional manner through a line review process.
- Work with design, development, and product management to ensure feasibility of designs which meet price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
- Provide product information through detailed drawings and complete checklists to development and product management so that prototypes, BOM’s, and sales/marketing collateral can be created in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identify current trends in design, color, material, trims, technical features and technologies of the outdoor, military, athletic, and fashion markets through research and product usage experience with a strong knowledge of menswear.
- Review samples to ensure quality and accuracy, assist in fit reviews, and identify cost saving measures throughout the sampling process.
- Execute assigned projects within timelines
- Create patterns, mockups, and prototypes to explore, resolve, or prove new concepts or construction techniques
- Provide detailed product initiations to our development team, including spec drawings, pattern and fit direction, and fabric information
- Work with our development and production teams to resolve fit style and construction issues and ensure a fully commercialized product
- Maintain up to date tech packs throughout the development process
- Coordinate with development and production to test new materials and ensure that necessary items are available for prototyping
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the materials and manufacturing techniques that Triple Aught Design works with
- Present work at internal reviews
- Stay up to date with industry trends, work with beta testers and other industry representatives to help ensure we're meeting our customers evolving needs
- Assist with current product design changes where necessary in order to address in-line production issues
- Ability to apply, perform and manage design skills such as drawing/sketching, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation development and layout.
- Expert-level efficacy in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with PLM systems, preferably Centric.
- Responsible for achieving established timelines, recording progress, and updating files in our product lifecycle management system.
- Actively participate in design off-sites, inspiration trips or other design related extra curricular activities.
- Degree in Apparel Design
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing apparel, preferably men's technical and elevated lifestyle
- Hands-on experience coming up with tools and methods to assist in solving construction issues
- Technical and creative skills to pattern and prototype
- Keen understanding of line planning and product costing
- Knowledge of garment construction, patterns and textiles
- Entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent customer service skills, in person, on the phone and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to gather appropriate input and make clear, well-reasoned decisions
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to represent the company at trade shows and company events as required
- Extreme attention to detail required and a proven ability to establish and maintain schedules and deadlines
- Interest or involvement in activities that Triple Aught Design makes products for
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- An innate ability to see color discrepancies.
- Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible and (at times noisy) work environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically utilizing various transportation methods.
- Participation and understanding of the activities that TAD produces products for.
Meet Your Recruiter
Alonya Van Rooyen
From South Africa originally, Alonya has over 15 years of experience in fashion, accessories, footwear, & textiles. She has worked in various design and product development roles globally, including South Africa, Europe, and the US, giving her an international perspective on the industries.