Senior Inventory & Allocation Planner
Carlsbad, CA 92008 US
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formulate, propose and execute inventory deployment strategy (pre-season & in-season), accounting for constraints and inputs, such as inventory levels by store group, timing of product delivery, minimum presentation, and distribution of sizes to support merchandise sales plans.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution in support of New Store Openings.
- Provide store analysis/insight/opportunities based on revenue and sell through percent targets.
- Analyzes business performance, develop insights and translates into strategies to drive sales and inventory productivity.
- Develop and articulate a fact-based analytical approach to store sales and inventory strategy, monitor results, and action necessary adjustments with exceptional change agility; all with the goal of delivering budgeted sales and margin and planned sell through expectations.
- Partner with the Merchandise Planner to prioritize allocation of core and fashion product across channels.
- Work with Logistics and Production partners to resolve external constraints that impact inventory flow to distribution center and stores.
- Support inventory management between retail, ecommerce and wholesale channels.
- Review and analyze weekly store performance/inventory levels; recommend changes to forecasts.
- Visits stores to review presentation, stock content/levels; identifies issues and solicits suggestions and comments from field team.
- Partners cross functionally with Merchandise Planning, Merchants, Production,
- Channel leads, Logistics and Warehouse teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of experience in inventory management experience.
- Affinity for and past experience in apparel merchandising, planning, or allocation.
- Proven ability to manage, interpret and report on financial metrics such as margin, forecast reconciliation, inventory purchase plan reconciliation, inventory turns, life cycle management and style productivity.
- Extremely proficient in Excel.
- A hands-on problem solver with a willingness to work in the details and find opportunities to change processes to drive efficiencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt to change and new processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively across several cross functional teams.
- Proven track record in building processes in a high growth environment.
Meet Your Recruiter
Karen is the Director of All Things Business Development at Emerging Blue. She loves meeting new people and is passionate about building strong relationships with her clients. Karen thrives on getting to know brands and the passion and story behind each of them.