Senior Merchandise Planner - Wholesale
New York, NY 10018 US
- Build pre-season sales, inventory, markdown and margin plans by account
- Develop seasonal targets featuring strategic business plans and growth opportunities
- Participate in buy review with merchants and sales team to ensure appropriate breadth and depth of key programs
- Create and manage bridge plans for market to ensure proposal is built based on key program strategies and sku
- Analyze and prepare hindsight documents to measure past performance to inform future planning & buys
- Participate in the presentation of the seasonal sales plans to the retailer senior management – prepare the meeting materials including sales plans, account histories & other supporting documents as needed
- Create OTB, by door sales and stock plans by account
- Weekly analysis of total channel, style, and door selling by account
- Track performance weekly by door and program – communicate to teams to quickly react to affect trend.
- Present weekly to senior management on brand performance
- Maintain by account seasonal OTB and recommend necessary receipt flow / markdowns.
- Reforecast projections at a sales and receipt level
- Monthly analysis of business– recommend future receipt adjustments, capitalize on future growth opportunities, potential risks or opportunities
- Work with Sales counterpart to ensure monthly shipping forecast is achieved
- Analyze / recommend by account quarterly margin settlement
- Analyze & communicate by sales/stock performance by door group/promotional tier
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+years of experience in merchandising, planning, or distribution
- Advanced knowledge in Excel (advanced functions/Pivot Tables) and strong Powerpoint skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must have strong time management skill and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Walmart Experience
- $130,000 - 150,000
Meet Your Recruiter
Alonya Van Rooyen
From South Africa originally, Alonya has over 15 years of experience in fashion, accessories, footwear, & textiles. She has worked in various design and product development roles globally, including South Africa, Europe, and the US, giving her an international perspective on the industries.