Senior Merchandise Planner
Carlsbad, CA 92008 US
We are searching for a Senior level Merchandise/Demand Planner to be responsible for crafting and managing style and color level sales plans across all sales channels for our client, an athletic apparel brand, to include wholesale, ecommerce, and their retail stores.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Using historical sales data, market trends, and sales input, develop category demand
forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation and across multiple time horizons.
● Partner with the Merchandising counterpart to ensure the product perspective is
embedded in the forecasts and that message is clearly communicated to the sales
● Coordinate and lead the S&OP process in support of the business.
● In partnership with the Inventory Planner, drive revenue and in-season
inventory management through weekly analysis and reporting.
● Establish pre-season and hind-sighting analysis on seasons' financial and assortment
● Be an efficient influencer who is intelligent with numbers, organized, proactive, and
● Ability to work under specific timeline pressures.
● Partner with IT resources to deliver action-oriented reporting.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of experience in Merchandise Planning.
● Affinity for and past experience in Apparel Merchandising and Planning.
● Wholesale planning experience preferred.
● Proven ability to manage, interpret and report on financial metrics such as margin, forecast
reconciliation, inventory purchase plan reconciliation, inventory turns, life cycle management and
● Extremely proficient in Excel.
● A hands-on problem solver with a willingness to work in the details and find opportunities to
change processes to drive efficiencies.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
● Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt to change and new
● Ability to work collaboratively across several cross functional teams.
● Proven track record in building processes in a high growth environment
Pay: From $115,000-$130,000
Meet Your Recruiter
Karen is the Director of All Things Business Development at Emerging Blue. She loves meeting new people and is passionate about building strong relationships with her clients. Karen thrives on getting to know brands and the passion and story behind each of them.