We are searching for a VP of Woman's Merchandising for our client, a denim powerhouse located in NYC. The VP of Merchandising will proactively work on the creation of product assortments and investment strategy to maximize sales and profitability for the Wholesale channel. The role will report into the Chief Merchandising Officer.
• In partnership with Design, will create a line architecture that both supports financial targets and delivers cohesive experience for the consumers.
• Present seasonal kickoff strategies and ensure cross-functional alignment on market needs
• Curate a recommend assortment for the Channel to successfully execute in market
• Analyze category performance and drive category strategies to maximize growth
• Build strong cross-functional relationships with Design and Sales to ensure strong product execution
- Develop short and long term product assortment strategies for the Wholesale channel that align with the Brands vision, financial plans and Customer/Market needs
- Mange OKR’s to ensure flawless execution of End-to-End process
- Create the line architecture inclusive of SKU counts, SKU productivity, differentiation, and price tier through the implementation of ad hoc Briefs and Merchandising Plans
- Drive strategy on high margin, high value proposition key items across category.
- Execute tiering strategies to better brand experiences at the retailers.
- Along with Design, deliver and curate compelling product assortments that are brand enhancing and customer focused
- Guide sales team to ensure that they are booking as the set out strategy.
- Ensure Merch Plans are based on financial KPI’s Prepare financial roll-ups for VP to ensure KPI’s are met and aligned to overall strategy and plan
- Build a 360 approach into product investments (Showroom product presentation, marketing support etc.)
- Participate in key external customer touch points to ensure clear understanding of strategy, performance and product opportunities
- Partner with CMO to influence Design on key looks, volume drivers, big Ideas for the seasons
- Actively participate in appropriate Business Reviews
- Visit competition to stay abreast of market trends and apply learnings to current and future assortments
• Establish effective partnerships across the organization: Design, Sales, Planning, Marketing
• Influence Brand Leadership to ensure market needs are met
• Negotiate persuasively to create solutions that address the interests of others
• Express differing viewpoints tactfully and sensitively. Acts as mentor and role model within the company
The Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 10 years merchandising, and financial planning experience required in the apparel industry
• Decision making capability clearly driven by conceptualizing future opportunities & developing strategic product & business initiatives
• High level of accuracy, detail oriented and strong organizational skills; ability to brig structure and discipline to the table throughout a highly organized approach
• Superb presentation & communication skills; both written and verbal
• Strong financial and analytic acumen; demonstrated ability to leverage data to inform strategy
• Creative, assertive and solution-oriented
• Customer, marketplace & product expert with experience in denim category
• Develop strong relationships throughout the organization
• Able to adapt to fast pace working environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
• Comprehensive understanding of Retail Math - business terminology, key retail metrics and calculations
Salary Range: 175K – 225K
*Actual base salary for this role within the above range will be based upon experience, qualifications and/or assigned unit.